Last week I was enjoying the beach. I had a very unusual experience
Walking along the beach last week I was able to experience a strong feeling of connection to the sea and by extension the world. I cannot remember when I felt so present in the moment. It was glorious.
We watched the sunrise and the sunset. We walked along the beach, stood at the water, stood in the water, swam, sat, and watched the waves. Feeling the power of the tide coming in felt like I was connected to Africa and Spain—to the entire global community.
I looked down through the clear water to the sand and thought about all those tiny grains of sand traveling the world. I felt a relaxation of my muscles in my shoulder and neck, a lack of worries, and absolutely no sense of time passage. When we would go back to the room, I would be surprised how much time had passed or how little.
I tried to imprint the experience to my memory so I could recall the feeling when I am far away from the sea. So far, I can still bring it back – the sand between my toes, the massaging of my foot with sand, the muscle relaxation, the sound of the waves and the beauty of the sea. I feel the quiet the peace and the connectedness. I am part of the earth. I sprang from the sea and I am solid in feeling it surround me.
Comments
Post a Comment