I wonder how much of my jaded instantaneous instinct to squelch is learned and how much is a part of my personality. I so quickly turn to no. Yet, I feel that as a child I was sunny. I was bright and wanted to believe in hope and good. My experiences as a child and the ways of reacting to life I saw as examples in my life were the exact opposite of hope and good.
Two years ago I was living a different life. I had friends and an active social life—parties, dinners, gatherings, game nights, theater, and lunches. I was teaching a film and culture class to middle school aged children and loved it. I was active in a jigsaw puzzle exchange and Democratic party politics. I was having planning meetings about the coming 2012 election. I was living in my dream house. I was part of a group that met regularly to discuss our dreams, fears, obstacles, and help each other strategize about our lives. I was living in a small community that had been home for 26 years. I knew who I was. I was settled and set. The last 2 years have been almost constant change. Every time I get used to something being a certain way, it changes. I live in a city. I live in an apartment. I don't really have much of a social life. I am not active in politics. I am part of a movie club that I am helping with, but it is not filling a desire for me....
Comments
Post a Comment