High up in my tree,
the turbulent elements of my life far below, I am free. I look out over the rolling hills and fields
lined with houses. This is my happy
place. I feel safe, protected, and
alone. Sometimes, I settle into the
crook of the branch, smile ready to enter a better world and I open my book.
A book always
contains a new world to explore. I can
inhabit a world away from the reality of your daily life whatever that looks
like. It is a way to see how others live
and experience life, maybe they went through the same thing I did and handled it differently or maybe they had
worse or better home lives. And when I
am reading scifi or fantasy books it is because I want to experience a life
completely out of this world. Mysteries
can be comforting because there is always an answer and most of the time the
good guy wins. Biographies and poetry
help me know I am not alone.
Sometimes I look out
on the world from my perch to observe, learn, and hopefully to understand. The actions, beliefs, and opinions of others
are at times a puzzle that is hard to interpret. So, I spend time watching, asking questions,
and engaging in conversations to better figure out this thing called human
existence.
I believe we are all
one – there is one life, divine life, all life, my life. I believe in honor, integrity, truth,
honesty, humility, and love. I don’t
believe any of these are achievable all the time – there is no perfection. Rather, there is the consistent bringing back
on course whenever I go off track.
My personality is in
the first person. The decorative part,
the part that shows up is from my point of view. It isn’t because I cannot see from another
perspective - I can. It is because I
believe I am only authentic when I share my perspective, my experience, and my
beliefs. I don’t claim them for anyone
but me. I share them in case they
resonate with anyone else. And, because
I am always thinking, the thoughts coalesce and become truths.
My vision right now
is about what is over the rainbow. The
internal picture I carry in my mind is like the song says – a place where birds
fly and so do I, where dreams come true and troubles melt. I want to be in joy. I believe that
creativity and writing about my beliefs is the key to that freedom, to flying,
to my dreams coming true.
Comments
Post a Comment